From what they campaigned on, the three new members are for consolidation.
so who all is in now? and what are there views on consolidation?
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
From what they campaigned on, the three new members are for consolidation.
so is the board now 5-3 in favor of consolidation?
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
might get something good done then
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]
Perry is pro-consolidation.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I say that they need to get off their rears and get the ball rolling.
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
The county can not afford to build two or three high schools. If they are going to shut down the community schools and raise my taxes I say just build one school and be done with it and forget about extra after school activities like sports.
I disagree, and feel like the 2-3 schools option is the best for the future of our schools and our children...oh well, like anything is going to get done in the next decade anyway....besides a few more school studies...
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
So long Ms Craft. And look at what BSG got ,a former Dawg. Ha , guess ya never know how much folks are gonna check on their voting.
let us not forget that this consolidation thing would take years. The county would have to raise a lot of revenue to build 3 new schools. I just hope that everyone knows what is at stake for the kids of Wise County. I want the best for every child and hope that our schools will better prepare them for college. But I would also hate to see the lifelines of 6 towns be cutoff. Let us not forget that if these schools combine, such as powell valley and pound, there will be no more vikings or wildcats, they will have a new name, a new school, and a new location. Of course sports and the ties to tradition is what many people will hang on to and argue about, but if this new school board elects to go the route of consolidation, we will have to live with it like it or not, after all, we elected them.
Bookmarks